Lindsey Ardrey, the granddaughter of Estella and Earle Curry has many fond memories of summers spent in Raleigh, especially sitting in her grandmother’s pew each Sunday at St. Ambrose. Even today no matter the location, not a single church service goes by without lovingly hearing the echoes of Father Calloway’s drawn out words “foreverrrr and everrrr.” One Christmas, Lindsey and her cousins received rollerblades and bicycles, so they spent the day blazing the St. Ambrose parking lot with their new wheels. Throughout her formative years and continuing to discern a call to priesthood, St. Ambrose has served as a spiritual north star connecting Lindsey to her ancestral roots. Among a very small gathering of family and friends, on December 19th, 2020 Lindsey was ordained a transitional deacon in New Orleans, Louisiana alongside two other women by the Right Reverend Morris K. Thompson, Jr. After completing her Master of Divinity degree from the Seminary of the Southwest in May 2021, Lindsey will return to New Orleans following God’s call wherever it may lead.
- The Laymen’s Times Vol.12
- Bailey Drive Art Featured in Walnut Creek Wetlands Community Partners Summer 2021 Newsletter
- The Rev’d Jemonde Taylor, Candidate in Bishop Discernment Process
- ABC11 Covers Last Week’s COVID-19 Vaccination Drive
- WRAL Spotlight: Funding justice – how local community leaders tap into resources to fuel their work